Sunday 7 December 2014

Demon Sculpt + quick horns tutorial

I made this yesterday, tweaked it a little this morning. I made it because I found an awesome way to make horns. It is still a work in progress though, I have not done the eyes or any proper texturing and I would like to make some armor for him.

The head is a heavily tweaked demohead tool, I will in my next creative buzz try to make a head from scratch, wish me luck on that.

If you would like to try to replicate this result, you can follow these steps below:

Draw in a "helix 3D_1" and open the "initialize" subtab in the tools tab.

In this tab, use these settings:

Use a coverage of around 1.5

Make the thickness it's highest at one end and near lowest at the other. (after doing this I advise not using the very lowest for a more realistic sharpness on the final horn).

Change the twist graph so that the first point is about 1 grid space up, leave the other point where it is. (if the groves in the final result aren't as deep as you want them, turn this up a little more.

change SDivide to the highest and LDivide to around 25.

This will give you the same sort of shape property's I had. Now just make PolyMesh3D in the top subtab of the tooltab. Then use DynaMesh at a resolution of about 32, use this low resolution for an imperfect bumpy result, now subdivide for a smooth finish.

To get the fine groves you will need to do it manually, I recommend using a brush with low intensity (about 12), smallish size (53 is about right) and an alpha like 59,60 and 61.

If these instructions are a bit to difficult to follow, let me know and I can make a video to give you more clear instructions. Or if you found it helpful, good let me know :).

No comments:

Post a Comment