Sunday 8 June 2014

Cybermancy logo design

I've not posted anything on this blog for a long time, so I thought i'd try to get into the habit of updating it more often with the recent updates on my work. I'll start by uploading all the work i've done since my last post, this could take some time...

I'll start with the logo for a game i've been concepting for a few months. I would start with the older animation I did, but thats not finished and its for a competition so it's for my eyes only.

My game is called Cybermancy, We are thinking about a subheading but can't think of anything appropriate that doesn't sound like we pulled it from the "game subtitle bin" like "revolution" or "origins". I wanted a style that looks similar to graffiti without being totally unreadable or gastly. the style below is the reference I used.


This is a sketch I did on photoshop, it's very rough but it was fine for an idea of what I wanted to do.






This is how it looked after cleaning it up and tweaking it in illustrator.





I then took it back into photoshop and added some effects like bevel and a texture to the outline and a glowing blue fill.






I liked this but tried removing the outline and found another interesting look. This one is a bit darker with a light tint on the edge.


Part of the task was to make a concept for the cover art, I used this amazing render by Roman Makarenko as a placeholder for my own character that will be made later. (My character is still in concepting stage)

looking at it now I can see some blotchiness caused by the glow, I can address that when I put the logo on my own Character when that is done.



















In this one the logo looks more like glass, so I should probably have added some transparency but that made it to hard to see, I like this one so I will have to work on making the logo work with the background.



























I really want to make another design in orange, that is the color we decided on for the primary color scheme for the worlds technology, similar the omni-tool in mass effect. I also made a hexagon grid texture for the logo that ended up not really working out as I expected. I may try again later or  make something new. I will put the texture here anyway, for anyone who wants to use it feel free to.

No comments:

Post a Comment